cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gopikrishnach
Creator
Creator

How to remove the duplicate records in Straight Table

Hi Team, I have a straight Table with 11 Columns, in that i found 10 columns having duplicate records, so i want to display only one record from all 10 columns and in the  11th columns want to display the all unique records. I have attached the sample data and required output. Please help me, how to achieve this scenario. I used Pivot Table, but it is not working. Thank you.

9 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

verify the attachments, nothing appears here

gopikrishnach
Creator
Creator
Author

Now attached.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In Qlik application create a chart where you put your 10 columns as dimension and for expresion use

Concat( Distinct [Your 11 column], ', ' )

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
gopikrishnach
Creator
Creator
Author

I Tried above condition, but it is not working. I added in Expression by using Concat, still it is showing duplicate records. more over, my data does not have any measures information, all are dimensions only. Thank you.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

First of all: Is it NPrinitng question or Qlik question?

Second - what object are you using - i suggested to use Chart-Straight Table where Concat would be Expression.

Third - If it is Qlik App attach sample qvw file with records so we can worki it out. It is a basic question you are asking and should not be a problem to get it done

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

This is the Qlik NPrinting community. I suggest you to move this question in the QlikView or Qlik Sense community to maximise the possibilities to get help.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
gopikrishnach
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech, It is a NPrinting as well as QlikSense Question. I used Straight Table and added all Dimensions instead of Expression. If i add the column 11 as Expression, it is coming in last column, i don't want it and don't want to change the sequence. I already attached the sample Output screen shot in the main description. Please check once. Thank you.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In the straight table Qlik Sense you can have measures and dimensions in any place just reschuffle them.

If you dont want columns to be re-schuffled back in Qlik Sense you can do this in NPrinitng when pulling nodes for each column one by one.

sorry mate - but i do not get what is the problem?

cheers

Lech

Ananya
Contributor
Contributor

I am also facing the same issue in Qliksense/NPrinting. I have to hide/remove the duplicate records in a dimension in a straight table. But not able to achieve the desired output.

@gopikrishnach I was just wondering if you got any solution for your issue. If yes can you please share the same

Source Data

col1 col2 col3
A         D        X
A         D        Y
A         D        Z

Expected output

col1    col2    col3
A            D           X
                             Y
                             Z