Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jgs
Contributor
Contributor

How to restrict export option in sheet level?

Hi All,

We are having a requirement to restrict the export for one group (GroupA) and allow for another(GroupB).

We are planning to create two sheet one for GroupA and one for GroupB and restrict the export option in each sheet.

Note : We don't want this option in QMC at stream level, since it will affect all others apps.

Please let us know if you need any info

Thanks,
Jishnu 

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, you will need a security rule that applies as you want, the rule may be similar to this one, but only for export permission: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-restrict-hide-or-unhide-sheets-in-Qlik-Sense-Enterpri...

In case there are more than one app with this behaviour I would recomend to asssign a custom property to this apps and use it on security rule definition instead of app names.

Sadly custom properties can't be applied to app objects (sheets) so you need to use sheet names, you can add a prefix/suffix to this sheets to avoid to use the full names.

Well, I think the rule can be more simple than that one.

Apply to resources App*, set permission to export and the rule can be something like:

user.group="GroupB" or resource.app.@AppProperties != 'RestrictExport' or !(resource.name like "__*")

AppProperties is the custom property.

RestrictExport is a value of the custom property assigned to the app(s)

__ is the prefix of the sheet names restricted 

I didn't tested, hope this works or it's easy to adapt.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, you will need a security rule that applies as you want, the rule may be similar to this one, but only for export permission: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-restrict-hide-or-unhide-sheets-in-Qlik-Sense-Enterpri...

In case there are more than one app with this behaviour I would recomend to asssign a custom property to this apps and use it on security rule definition instead of app names.

Sadly custom properties can't be applied to app objects (sheets) so you need to use sheet names, you can add a prefix/suffix to this sheets to avoid to use the full names.

Well, I think the rule can be more simple than that one.

Apply to resources App*, set permission to export and the rule can be something like:

user.group="GroupB" or resource.app.@AppProperties != 'RestrictExport' or !(resource.name like "__*")

AppProperties is the custom property.

RestrictExport is a value of the custom property assigned to the app(s)

__ is the prefix of the sheet names restricted 

I didn't tested, hope this works or it's easy to adapt.

Jgs
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Ruben!

We are able to implement on app level. I have updated the default export rule.

Added to existing rule condition.
user.group="GroupB" or resource.app.@AppProperties != 'RestrictExport'