Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to retain hierarchy view of null values?

The following screen shot shows some sales figures on a calendar hierarchy, and a breakdown of those figures by country. The hierarchy is showing all of the days in the selected month, regardless of whether there were sales.

qlik1.png

Now I click on a country. I see the bar chart update to show sales for that country in the selected month, but only those days with sales are shown.

qlik2.png

How can I show all of the days in this view? The current method makes it awkward when stepping from country to country, as the X-axis keeps changing.

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Change the measure expression so that it ignores the selection: sum({<Country=>} MyValue)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply, Gysbert, but I might not have been clear in my request.

I want the bar chart to appear with the same axis values as the first chart, but only showing bars relevant to Brazil.

In other words, the second bar chart should show all the days of the month, but only the 6th. and 21st. days should have bars visible.

Suggestions?

Saryk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Almost 5 years later and this very issue is still boggling many people ; and not only don't I know how to solve it, I can't find any answer to it and everything that feels like it should work doesn't.

There is no middle ground between "show EVERYTHING" and "show everything within what I selected"...