Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayati_shrivast
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to retrieve the apps on qliksense server if the server doesnt get opened?

Hi All,

I am facing a problem. I am not able to open my qliksense  hub and qmc on server , it seems like the server not working.But I want to retrieve the apps which are there inside the HUB. Is there any way by which I can get access to all the apps.

for example in qliksense desktop version we have a folder named APPS inside whih we have all the apps. But in server I could'nt find.

kindly help as to how can I retrieve the apps.

Thanks

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The default path of the apps in QS server is: C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps

The apps are stored using the app ID, not the app name and they have no extension. If you drag them onto QS desktop, or copy them to the QS desktop apps folder, you will be able to open them. You will have to manually open them to get the app name, add the qvf extension, and resave them using this name.

If you have a large number of apps , and the repository database is running and you have the username/password for PostgresSQL repository database, you could find the app IDs and names in the repository database and write a powershell / python / javascript to rename the apps automatically. Download PGAdmin to view the repository database.

The embedded images are not exported with the apps copied this way.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sorry - that location is not correct. I obviously need a second cup of coffee  😀

The apps are stored in the apps subfolder of the shared folder that you set up when installing QS server.

Capture.PNG

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein