Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shriram_Sridhar
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

How to schedule a task to run in particular dates every month and for every half an hour in Qlik sense?

Hello All,

I would like to know how to schedule a task such that it runs automatically from 27th to 3rd of every month and also the task has to run for every half an hour between these days.

Please provide us a solution to overcome this problem.

4 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Shriram,

To run tasks, you need to open the Qlik Management Console and open one or more new tasks in the tasks section, specifying the required periodicity of launching. If you are running version Qlik Sense Desktop, all task have to do manually.

Regards,

Andrey

earlowens
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have a very similar need and I have not found a solution yet.  So far I've been able to create a scheduled task that STARTS the process on the day and time I want, and then a second task with a task event trigger that starts a refresh task every ten minutes when the first completes successfully.  But there doesn't seem to be any ability to make the second task STOP.  I've even set up code in the associated QVF that it will cause it to fail when I want it to stop, but the scheduled task will continue to run at each scheduled interval even if it is failing.

If you make any progress, I'd love to hear what solution you come up with.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

In that case you'd need to create a new qvf and add your condition in scripting.

Ex:

If you have a load table in DB, and if all the rows in DB table are complete then run the task, upon it's success it will kick start your 2nd task and if the Event Trigger fails, your 2nd task will not start.

Assigning dependencies for both the task.

1. Event Trigger1 qvf file to check (based on your condition)

2. Event Trigger2 to start upon success of Event Trigger1.

It works for me in Qlikview but I wrote a code to check with the DB to satisfy my condition. My condition is basically looking for fresh data and DB has designed a special view just to load the table if data is loaded if not it will fail.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You can create dependent tasks.

1. Monthly Task on 27 to 3rd (Independent task for these days)

2. Hourly Task specifying 30 minutes depending on these Monthly task