cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpower607
Contributor
Contributor

How to select a single value from loaded data

This seems like a fairly simple task but I cannot seem to figure out how to solve it. I am trying to query a specific value based on some condition from my loaded data. In my case I want to return the 'relational completeness' row and the 'weighted completeness' column. In excel I would usually do this with a VLOOKUP or a WHERE statement in SQL. How is this type of take completed in Qlik Sense? 

Here is the expression I am trying to get to work. I am trying to return a single value for the THEN statement in the second IF clause. 

IF(IsNull(GetFieldSelections(relationship)) = 0 AND IsNull(GetFieldSelections(period)) = 0, percent_complete,
	IF(IsNULL(GetFieldSelections(relationship)) = 0 ,  MAX(percent_complete) , weighted_completeness))

2 Replies
bhaskar_sm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Can you please provide the expected output along with the current output that you are getting with above expressions?

Regards,
Bhasker kumar
cpower607
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

So in my dashboard I have two filter panes(metric type & date), this script is checking if both are selected and returning that specific value(% completed) or if one metric type is selected the maximum percent completed. I would like if nothing is selected to select a specific metric called "relational completeness" and return that percent completed or "weighted_completeness". Below I have attached an image of the row that I want to receive a value from. Let me know if this helps. 

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 4.27.07 AM.png