Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudhir0538
Creator
Creator

How to select only values from a list box as a dimension in chart?

Hi all!

I am assigned to create chart for the total utilization of an equipment. Database contains equipment and total utilization hours field.

How do i select only the total hours used (a single value from the total utilization hours table for a particular equipment selected) field for a particular equipment.

Thanks in advance.

Sudhir.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It is actually built-in functionality of QlikView - you can see it demonstrated here with the scenario you mention:

2015-10-17 #1.PNG

View solution in original post

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

It would be much easier to help you if you explain your setting with some sample data and your expected outcome.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It is actually built-in functionality of QlikView - you can see it demonstrated here with the scenario you mention:

2015-10-17 #1.PNG

sudhir0538
Creator
Creator
Author

I want to create a chart for the equipment utilization (in hrs ) for a single day. DB contains equipment list and booking id's and equipment ids by using these i join the table to retrieve the utilization hrs which also also available in the db. Utilization hours are calculated in hrs and stored in db like 2,24,16 etc.. in integer format. While I am selecting it as a dimension in barchart how should i get the only integer value corresponding to the particular equipment.??

ahmar811
Creator III
Creator III

As for your Requirement these type of Report is called as Ad Hoc report

Ad-hoc report expression

Adhoc reporting in Qlikview

hope it will help you

sudhir0538
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Petter

While I am trying to load the Qvd file which you have send it shows the error message like this. Please guide how to overcome this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Capture.JPG