Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karthik3
Creator III
Creator III

How to send an alert when a node is offline in QMC?

Hi,

We have one central node and 8 rim nodes. Whenever we restart all 9 servers after a patch then some nodes stay offline in qmc. We would like to get an alert whenever a node stays offline in qmc. How to catch this?

Basically to do a check for 1 hour and see if all nodes are up if any node is offline then send an alert.

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

We are using Incremental script for Audit/Performance/Event/System logs to effect. On top of we have configured "SMTP Web connector" to send an alert from script it self to all DL's or individual. (I can say, Not that easy - But we can implement)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

There are a few options when it comes to alerting inside of Qlik Sense. I tried to do an overview of those on this blog post. For this specific ask, there are two distinct options in my view:

1. Push based
  2. Pull based

For push based alerting, you will likely want to use the QRS's Notification API. For an example of this to monitor Qlik Sense Services see this GitHub project: https://github.com/levi-turner/60f3cacb-c4ee-47d3-8a40-9f23530c0267. Now, in it, I am monitoring a single service (the Engine) and I am writing to a CSV rather than doing an email alert, but it's solved a handful of the logic so feel free to re-use it.

For the pull based, you can do similar QRS API calls on an interval and then fire off an email alert. Here's a pretty robust PowerShell library which makes connecting easy / easier: https://github.com/ahaydon/Qlik-Cli/. If you wanted to use raw PowerShell then I have examples on my GitHub for GET requests and POST requests. What I would imagine would be to do a GET on the /qrs/ServiceStatus path (which is the endpoint that is shown in the QMC > Nodes section). Then conditionally loop over the needed time period (not exactly the same thing but here's an example of a loop) then fire off an email at the end of the loop. Now I don't have a code example of that, but there should pretty good examples of these PowerShell specific work-flows on the general internet.

Hope that helps.