Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to set a default value for a filter?

Hi,

I have a region filter with values ALL, North, South, East and West. I want the default value to be ALL when I open the app, and also be able to make different selections later on. When the app first loads, the values in the visualizations should be for ALL filter value by default.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks,

Srijhari

12 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Moved your topic to New to QlikView as it was posted in an unrelated forum and here there is at least a 50% chance it is related.

If this, however, was intended as a Qlik Sense question, please let me know and we move it there.

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Sorry about that. I was referring to Qlik Sense actually.

Thanks for the help.

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Settings > Document properties > Triggers.

Document Event triggers > OnOpen.

Select Add actions, Add

In selection chose select in field.

Add your field name Region and value ALL.

Mark

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Where can I find the settings? I am using Qlik Sense Desktop.

Colin-Albert

There should be no need to pre-select ALL as in QlikView, when nothing is selected, then all values are included by default.

This is indicated by the Green, White, Grey colours - Green is what you have actively selected, Grey is what is excluded by your selection, and white are values associated with the selected values.

There are a couple of blogs that describe the association between selected data here

Green Is the Colour

Qlik Tips: Raise a flag to the Green, White and Gray

avinashelite

You could use the ON Open trigger on that field . try like this

Go to document Properties > Triggers >On Open> Add Action> select the field and value

Not applicable
Author

Hi Colin,

Thanks for providing the resources. Is there a way I can control the interactions between sheets of the same app?

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Avinash,

I don't see document properties in Qlik Sense?

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Topic moved to New to Qlik Sense.

May you live in interesting times!