Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinodpvijayan
Contributor
Contributor

How to set default bookmark through script in Qlik Sense?

Hi,

If a user from EMEA region gets logged in then i want to set the default bookmark with country = UK, where as if the user is from America region, then I want to set the default bookmark with country = US. Is there a way to do achieve this? I was thinking if there is a way to set the default bookmark through script in Qlik Sense, there may be a possibility. Any ideas or any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vikramv
Creator III
Creator III

Try to use the " Variable Input "  and "Button for Navigation" from the dashboard bundle as the Nov 2018 version. Hope this would give solution to your issue.

If you gave domain name for a specific region user . You can use OSUser (EU/User1) in you conditions to display the relevant selections using "Button for Navigation" to set the variable balue.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

It's not possible to set default bookmarks from the script. You can set variables in the script with standard country selections, but this is also fixed and not user specific. 

let vCountry = 'UK'

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
vinodpvijayan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Jordy,

Thanks for the quick response.  I am looking for a dynamic selection based on the user's geographic location.

Thanks again..

Vinod

Digvijay_Singh

Do you want to restrict access to other regions all the time or its just when user opens the app. But later they are allowed to change region?

If you want to restrict access all the time then section access feature is the solution.

Thanks,

DJ

vinodpvijayan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi DJ,

Section access is different and I already have applied Section access.  My query is very specific to the one mentioned subject line. 

thanks for response anyway.

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

did you try with extensions like below
https://developer.qlik.com/garden/58e20b0e86f54ab8e8f21512

or vizlib filter object (its a qlik certified extension if i am not wrong). it has an option to set default values. maybe work for you

vikramv
Creator III
Creator III

Try to use the " Variable Input "  and "Button for Navigation" from the dashboard bundle as the Nov 2018 version. Hope this would give solution to your issue.

If you gave domain name for a specific region user . You can use OSUser (EU/User1) in you conditions to display the relevant selections using "Button for Navigation" to set the variable balue.

vinodpvijayan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks.. This seems to be a solution. Let me start working on this idea.