Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to set default values for filters or How to set Default bookmark?

My requirement is whenever I load my sheet it should load with some default selection instead of showing all values. For that, I think there are two options

1) setting default bookmark without using extension

2) Defaults values for each filter

I am not able to figure out how to achieve this in a qlik sense.

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi there

I found this extension (Default Selection) which works quite well. It took me a while to get it to work (I'm a newbie too), but I finally got there. Hope this helps.

http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/590e0d8475aa3cff35e4f61b

Firstly, regardless of which "Initial Selection Mode" you chose, make sure you clear all selections, save and close the sheet, then reopen the App and sheet to see the latest changes.

qlik_1_2.jpg

Secondly if you are using a time field like Year-Month start with a simple text value to make sure that works.

Field: Year-Month

Initial Selection: ='2018-Oct'

Once you are happy it is working, then play with the expression and make sure it evaluates to a string that matches your field selector; not a date value.

My formula is this...

=Year(AddMonths(Now(),-1)) & '-' & Month(AddMonths(Now(),-1))

Finally, you may want to Hide the extension object (un-tick Visible)

YIC

Neil

Caique_Zaniolo
Employee
Employee

You can use the Default Bookmark capability in Qlik Sense.
Check out this video on how to do it.

Qlik Sense Dynamic Default Bookmark Selection On Open - YouTube

Anil_Babu_Samineni

There is no way for your 2 questions without Extensions AON.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
george55
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

In my case I need to select the year in the yeardimenion filter box. It works fine Christof's solution:

=[E.Calendar.Year] = Year(Now())

but don't understand why this is not working:

=[E.Calendar.Year] = Text(Year(Max(Makedate([E.Calendar.Year]))))

Both formulas give the same output: '11.07.1905' which is the current year '2019'. 

Tried many variations, with Text(), with Date#() etc., but it looks like it is working only with Now(). Could that be?

Thanks.

=[ERZEUGTAM.Calendar.Year]=Year(Now())

=[ERZEUGTAM.Calendar.Year] = Text(Year(Max(Makedate([ERZEUGTAM.Calendar.Year], 12, 31))))