Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

yifan_wu
New Contributor

How to show cost when there is no lead

Hi all,

Like I mentioned in the title, my manager would like to see cost data regardless of whether we have lead for that day or not.

Cost data is outside our database, manually tracked in excel. The way I am joining the two part is by date and source.

In the back end data in the database, if we do not have a lead for a certain day, the source does not show up, therefore the cost shows 0 even though we actually spent money.

As you can see from the screenshot below, other than week 1, cost is showing for every week.

Thank you for your help!

Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to show cost when there is no lead

Probably the problem is joining by date|source where neither table may not contain all date|source's.

I would look at concatenating your 2 tables together.  Concatenationing of data tables works well in Qlik, so if you give it a go it may well simply work.

4 Replies

Re: How to show cost when there is no lead

Probably the problem is joining by date|source where neither table may not contain all date|source's.

I would look at concatenating your 2 tables together.  Concatenationing of data tables works well in Qlik, so if you give it a go it may well simply work.

yifan_wu
New Contributor

Re: How to show cost when there is no lead

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your response.

I tried concatenating before, and there is no spend data in the table at all.

Re: How to show cost when there is no lead

Oh dear, that's unfortunate.

Hard to make any concrete suggestions without seeing some sample data / qvf.

Maybe add in dummy date|source rows to make the join work properly.  But that could make everything more complicated than is needed.

I still reckon concatenation is the way to go, but obviously something needs to done to make it work properly.

yifan_wu
New Contributor

Re: How to show cost when there is no lead

I tried concatenating again this morning and it worked. Before I would concatenate the whole cost table with my fact table, but this time I added a separate script to concatenate just the date and source, and then the normal load of my cost table and it worked.

Community Browser