Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Announcements
BARC’s The BI Survey 19 makes it official. BI users love Qlik. GET REPORT
kennethand
New Contributor II

How to show result for selection in multi dimension

I need some input/help here.

I've made this expression to meassure the total amount used in different supermarkets/store. In my data every respondent has answered the total amount (called amount) used per month and then distributed 100% (called Share) to different supermarkets (called Store). They also have a weight which has been implemented in the expression:

=sum(amount*weight*([Share]/100)) / sum(total{ <Store={"*"}>} [weight])

The expression gives the weighted amount per store in a chart like this:

Udklip2.JPG

So far so good.

But when I choose any supermarket (let's take ALDI as an example) as a filter I only see ALDI (92 danish kroner).

I really like to see the not only the result for ALDI but the tThe total amount across every supermarket (but only for the ALDI-customer as I choosed ALDI in my filter).

ALDI is just an example. I need to have an expression which can handle any  Supermarket-filtering.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Re: How to show result for selection in multi dimension

I feel "Super market" is the field in your database as 

sum({<Store=>} (amount*weight*([Share]/100))) / sum(total{ <Store={"*"}>} [weight])

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
kennethand
New Contributor II

Re: How to show result for selection in multi dimension

@Anil_Babu_Samineni wrote:

I feel "Super market" is the field in your database as 

sum({<Store=>} (amount*weight*([Share]/100))) / sum(total{ <Store={"*"}>} [weight])

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately it doesn't have any effect.