Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterstalberg
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to split a measure in positive and negative values?

Hi Guys,

I have the following measure which calculate a value based on ESTIMATE_AMOUNT now and previous year. The result can be either positive or negative per C_ID. The measure works fine 🙂

-sum(aggr(sum(ESTIMATE_AMOUNT)-above(Sum(ESTIMATE_AMOUNT)), (C_ID, numeric, ascending)),PERIOD_YEAR,numeric, ascending))))

Now to my issue, I want to show the sum of positive & negative values per year separated and stacked in a bar chart over the dimension PERIOD_YEAR. My approach is to create two separate measures, one each for the positive and negative sum.

To make it handy I have made a variable (v_run_off) of the above measure.

I have tried this (for the positive measure) but it doesn't separate over the year, just returns the total;

if($(v_run_off)>0, $(v_run_off))

Now this but it doesn't give me the desired result;

aggr(sum(aggr(if(($(v_run_off))<0, $(v_run_off),0),C_ID)),PERIOD_YEAR)

Any guidance on how to solve this would be highly appreciated. RGDS//Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
peterstalberg
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Anil,

Thank you for your response and for pointing me in the right direction. Yes, you are correct, I made this overly complicated. The trick was to put the if-statement inside the first aggregation (and skip the other aggr :-)). For negative values, here is the solution that works (with an added number formating). Just flip the < for positive values;

num(-sum(aggr(if(ESTIMATE_AMOUNT>above(ESTIMATE_AMOUNT), (ESTIMATE_AMOUNT-above(ESTIMATE_AMOUNT))), (C_ID,(NUMERIC, ASCENDING)), (PERIOD_YEAR,(NUMERIC, ASCENDING)))),'# ##0')

Thanks and RGDS//Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am not sure why one more aggregate required? Can't you try this

sum(aggr(if($(v_run_off)<0, $(v_run_off),0),C_ID, PERIOD_YEAR))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
peterstalberg
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Anil,

Thank you for your response and for pointing me in the right direction. Yes, you are correct, I made this overly complicated. The trick was to put the if-statement inside the first aggregation (and skip the other aggr :-)). For negative values, here is the solution that works (with an added number formating). Just flip the < for positive values;

num(-sum(aggr(if(ESTIMATE_AMOUNT>above(ESTIMATE_AMOUNT), (ESTIMATE_AMOUNT-above(ESTIMATE_AMOUNT))), (C_ID,(NUMERIC, ASCENDING)), (PERIOD_YEAR,(NUMERIC, ASCENDING)))),'# ##0')

Thanks and RGDS//Peter