Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssamuels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

How to store QVD's in cloud based file locations from Qlik Sense SaaS

I want to store qvd's from load scripts in Qlik Sense SaaS Enterprise and save them in a cloud based storage location (S3, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc). It seems not all of the available connectors support the STORE command. What are the connectors that I can use to store files outside of my SaaS environment?

Labels (2)
4 Replies
David_Fergen
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Ssamuels,

To store QVD's in Cloud there is a guide that provides details on how to store them there. You can find the guide located here. 

Let us know if you have any other questions! 

Thanks,

David

ssamuels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @David_Fergen 

After reading the guide you mentioned and some articles on the community I learned that almost all of the available cloud storage connectors (for Amazon S3, Azure Storage, Google Drive and DropBox) can be used to store QVD's. The OneDrive connector is the only one that doesn't support storing QVD's. Will this be possible in the near future?

Thanks,

Steven

David_Fergen
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Ssamuels,

That's an interesting idea. So, what you can do is put that on a feature request in the Idea section of the community! Here's a guide on how to get started on that! 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

David

ssamuels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks @David_Fergen for pointing me to the Idea section of the community. I'm curious to know why the OneDrive connector in Qlik Sense SaaS was developed as read-only connector, while all the other cloud storage connectors can read and store data. Is this because of limitations in the OneDrive API?