Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III

How to structure a filter in a more user friendly way

I have a data with a column in the below structure: have multiple values within each record. I want to give the user the the filter as the second graph: when selecting A, the column with A included in the Tag column should be shown, is there any easy way to achieve this? thanks

ronaldwang_0-1616646850940.png

ronaldwang_1-1616646952719.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

In my example I use the [Tag] field as a link between the two tables. It will create the associations you need.

If you select the [Tag Filter] = A using the data in your original post you will get associations with the following Tag values in the Data table.

• A,B,C
  • A,B
  • D,A,E
  • A,B,D

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You need a dimension containing these values and that is associated to your Tag field values.

I would handle this  in the script like I try to show below.

Data:

Load [Dimension1], [Dimension2], [Tag], [Amount]

From Source;

TAG:

Load DISTICT [Tag], subfield([Tag], ',') as [Tag Filter]

From Source;

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Vegar, 

And then how I can associate  Tag in Data to Tag in TAG. or how I can link them together, as the value is not the same.E,g A,B in Data table and A in TAG table. thanks

Vegar
MVP
MVP

In my example I use the [Tag] field as a link between the two tables. It will create the associations you need.

If you select the [Tag Filter] = A using the data in your original post you will get associations with the following Tag values in the Data table.

• A,B,C
  • A,B
  • D,A,E
  • A,B,D