cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III

How to structure a filter in a more user friendly way

I have a data with a column in the below structure: have multiple values within each record. I want to give the user the the filter as the second graph: when selecting A, the column with A included in the Tag column should be shown, is there any easy way to achieve this? thanks

ronaldwang_0-1616646850940.png

ronaldwang_1-1616646952719.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

In my example I use the [Tag] field as a link between the two tables. It will create the associations you need.

If you select the [Tag Filter] = A using the data in your original post you will get associations with the following Tag values in the Data table.

• A,B,C
  • A,B
  • D,A,E
  • A,B,D

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You need a dimension containing these values and that is associated to your Tag field values.

I would handle this  in the script like I try to show below.

Data:

Load [Dimension1], [Dimension2], [Tag], [Amount]

From Source;

TAG:

Load DISTICT [Tag], subfield([Tag], ',') as [Tag Filter]

From Source;

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Vegar, 

And then how I can associate  Tag in Data to Tag in TAG. or how I can link them together, as the value is not the same.E,g A,B in Data table and A in TAG table. thanks

Vegar
MVP
MVP

In my example I use the [Tag] field as a link between the two tables. It will create the associations you need.

If you select the [Tag Filter] = A using the data in your original post you will get associations with the following Tag values in the Data table.

• A,B,C
  • A,B
  • D,A,E
  • A,B,D