Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to synchronize vertical grid lines on bar chart with shown data intervals?

Hi,

I need to synchronize vertical grid lines on bar chart with shown intervals, for example (as shown below):
demo_turn1.PNG
on my hystogram I show bars that correspond 5-minutes time bins: …, 0:45, 0:50, 0:55, …
but vertical grid lines are shown with some offsets: …,0:43, 0:57, 1:12, …

Is there any way to “synchronize” grid lines with intervals (i.e. show grid lines in each 5 minutes as well)?

And a separated question: is it possible in Qlik to create some user interface element(s) (like ruler-object in VBA),

by which user can specify which range should be shown in Bar Chart (for example, to show on bar chart only 

(0:35-1:55) time interval)?

Or maybe it can betwo drop-down list: first will define the range start, second – the range end?

6 Replies
OmarBenSalem

I'd rather eliminiate the vertical grid in this case :

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, "elimination" is not desirable option.

OmarBenSalem

The answer is unfortunately no..

And I really can't see the utility of a grid while you already have the bar (it will be a bar and a grid line above each other?)

as for your second question, if you want to work only btwn 00:30 and 01:50 for example, you'll have to specify this in your expression:

Count({<Turn_time={"<=01:55 >=00:05"}>}[Turn_time])

See the attached app

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

>> Count({<Turn_time={"<=01:55 >=00:05"}>}[Turn_time])
Yes, it could be an option for experienced people, who knows how to modify the script.
But my question is related mostly to cases where Qlik App will be used by people with no experience with any programming (like flight planners). Thus, I would like  to create (if it's possible in Qlik) a visual  object (like I said: ruler or drop-down list) which allows to that person change the interval without actually touching any line of the code.

I know how to  do that in VBA for Excel, but I am still new in Qlik, and not sure how to do it here

OmarBenSalem

In that case, you can simply double click under the bar then move your cursur to select to zone you wanna focus on:

Capture.PNG

Or you can use variables to set limits:

Capture.PNG

And btwn, a simple thanks won't harm anyone.Have a nice day

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much, and sorry for delay reply (I was flying back home over weekend).
Your second option "...to add variables to set limits" looks like the solution that I am looking for. Could you chare some handy example of the code, please?