Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex_nerush
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

How to use DECLARE FIELD DEFINITION ?

Could you please provide me some working examples for DECLARE FIELD DEFINITION? Actually, i've tested examples from help. But i have no idea how to use GROUPS created by using following definition:

definition_name:

Declare [Field] Definition [Tagged tag_list ]

[Parameters parameter_list ]

Fields field_list

[Groups group_list ]

We can create two types of group: drilldown|collection. Question is: how to use it? When i dragged it to chart, error is displayed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Alex here is what I found in regards to the Groups syntax - that is reserved for a future feature - where it has been implemented in the back-end, but not yet exposed in the UI. There was a mistake adding that in the sample code in the documentation, and it is being updated. The Groups feature will be available in a  future release - where it will automatically create the collection and cyclic groups for those specified fields.

Hope this helps.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Alex - I am working on gathering information on this very topic.

I will update you shortly.

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Alex here is what I found in regards to the Groups syntax - that is reserved for a future feature - where it has been implemented in the back-end, but not yet exposed in the UI. There was a mistake adding that in the sample code in the documentation, and it is being updated. The Groups feature will be available in a  future release - where it will automatically create the collection and cyclic groups for those specified fields.

Hope this helps.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik