Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to use Range slider in qlik sense

hi,

please tell me how to use range slider in qlik sense.

thnaks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Nee,

I believe you need to set the variable as well in the script:

SET vUpper = 0;

I just tried that on mine, by renaming it to a different name such as vUpperd.

I received the same error you did about it not being valid.

Then I added the SET vUpperd=0 to my script above my data load and it worked.

See attached.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

There is currently no range slider that ships out of the box with the product but perhaps you can find a extension over at http://branch.qlik.com which can help you.

Like this one for example, http://branch.qlik.com/projects/showthread.php?396-qsVariable/page4&highlight=range

Not applicable
Author

thanks

please tell me how to use it?

because in my sheet it is not reflecting valueszzzzzzzzzzz.PNG

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

I haven't tested this extension personally so you are probably better of reaching out directly to the developer.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Nee,

Download: http://branch.qlik.com/projects/showthread.php?176-Range-Slider

Install: Qlik Sense - Introduction to Extensions (video)

Please see the attached .qvf.

Please copy .qvf file to your C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps and refresh Qlik Sense Desktop with F5

EDIT: You basically create a variable name in the slide object, use that variable in an expressions and then reference that variable in the range slider. (see the attached .mp4 video)

(No need to add variable in the script)

Let us know how you do.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

hello Michael ,

Sorry to say this but the extension is not working with sense as i want . I hope this extension  will come with lots of bug fix  asap

thanks a lot  for help sir!

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Nee, can you please let me know what is not working? As you can see in the example and video I provided it does actually work and increase the variable etc. to adjust the measures and other settings. Let me know with screen shots, exactly what is not working so I can further assist you.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Nee, can you please reply to the thread and please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

I saw the email notifications with your comments stating you got it working, but they appear to be deleted from the thread.

Thanks

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hey Mike,

I just do the same what all you told me and guided me but unable to fix it.

I am giving snapshot  to let you know about the problem I am facing.It is showing vUpper dimension as bad field.

22222222222222222222.PNG

3333333.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi mike,

Actually i was working on your app and same time i replied that 'its working fine ',

so please ignore it and help me out of this

thanks...