Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to use Vlookup in Qlik

Hi All,

I am relatively new to Qlik Sense.

I wanted to know how to use Vlookup in Qlik Sense. I have associated the two tables but am not finding a way to perform Vlookup.

I have attached the snippet of how my table is Modeled. I need the highlighted column of Num_Of_TS-Entries_per_day into a calculated column in Busyness table.

If anyone is familiar with Power Pivot, I am looking for a =RELATED() equivalent.

14 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Not applicable
Author

Thanks but this looks like Qlik View, I need it for Qlik Sense.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I guess you need Applymap(). Explore this function from Help: ApplyMap - script function ‒ Qlik Sense

Colin-Albert

The data is already associate according to your data model, so you should be able to count the number of entries per day without changing your model.

If you do want to alter the model, the equivalent of VLookup is to use a "Mapping Load" and "ApplyMap" which you can add in your load script.

These posts relate to QlikView but the command syntax is identical.

Don't join - use Applymap instead

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/applymap-is-it-so-wrong/

Not applicable
Author

Okay, newbie question I guess, I have to use applymap while loading right? I cant use it as a Calculated Field (which is what I actually want). This calculation has to take place after it is loaded.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Siddharth,

You can make use of applymap() or Lookup(). You can even check out Left Keep() which ever fits your cause best.

Thanks,

Sangram.

Not applicable
Author

No, does not help. Anyways, I found a work around. Thanks guys.

Colin-Albert

Applymap is used in the script when loading data, it cannot be used as a chart expression.

Not applicable
Author

Also looks like I cannot use Applymap if I have more than 2 columns.