cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use a common app when working at home and in the office

Hi,

I am a programmer, and accustomed to using a shared space to save my project at work, enabling me to make adjustments when at home. Also, occasionally I would allow a colleague to  access my files for comment.

How can I achieve this in Qlik Sense Desktop?

Thanks

Liam

3 Replies
OmarBenSalem

You can't; yu'll have to give him the application and all of ur data source so that he can alter things and so on.

Qlik has made the Desktop version free and thus, they made it in a sort that it can't be used in a work environment; but only for personal testing.

With that, people who get to like qlik sense are "forced" to purchase the paid version => the entreprise edition

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

To colaborate in free edition you might consider the cloud version as you can share with limited number of people but the functionality is more resistricted i.e no extensions.

If you want to colaborate professionally you need to be using the server version or business cloud but there is a cost to that.

Regards

Andy

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Liam - Surely, you don't want to take the data (QVF/QVW) outside of your office network. It is a bad idea considering it contains data. Also, your employer won't be pleased even though you're trying to contribute when you're at home.  Can't use VPN or remote into work?