Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use login access after allocation in qmc ?

hi,

suppose I am the rootadmin and I have created a login access pass with one token , now how to access / start working with that login access pass?

11 Replies
OmarBenSalem

just connect to the hub; once you do open your first app, u'll start consumming ur login access pass.

ps: you'll have to have the right to open the application/see the stream

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

will there be no username and password required to that ? in my device i have been logged in as user access pass (say rootadmin) and i have created login access  pass (say xyz ) with this rootadmin userid and also while creating login access pass it didn't ask anything regarding username and password.

how the other device will use login access pass ???

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

It doesn´t matter which kind of token allocation you have setup on your Qlik Sense Server  It doesn´t relates to authentication. You can use authenticated or anonymous access to a login access pass.

For login access pass you need to create a rule to set which group of users will use this kind of license.

Please check the following documentation to create a login access Rule

Creating login access rules ‒ Qlik Sense

Pablo

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I want to access login access pass how can u I do so in other device ?

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

As general rule the login access pass is per user an not per device. If you have a user access pass allocated to your userid, on ever device you login it will use the user access pass.

Hope I could clarify your question.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes Pablo , Now with that user access pass I have created one login access pass ..so is it not possible to have login access pass with the same user id ?

If yes ,how can I proceed further?

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

it´'s not possible to have login access pass with the same user id

MK9885
Master II
Master II

I usually use Access Pass for those not in AD.

If you are a root admin then I believe you do not need the pass.

If you want to add someone as Root Admin thru login pass, maybe try creating new security rule for that user after issuing login pass and give Role as Root Admin.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi S Khan,

Is there any article or steps to follow for the last method which is "to add someone as Root Admin thru login pass by creating new security rule for that user" ? I am new to this license and token part in qmc and its on urgent basis.