cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to work with AD Groups and Qlik Dashboard

Hello Team,

We are configuring Qlik with AD integration. We have two groups in AD such as Group-A and Group-B so Group-A can have specific dashboard and Group-B another dashboard.

The problem is the integration only allow me one AD Group in Qlik connector.

Is there any way around that can have multiple AD Groups with specific information?

Regards

3 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I am not sure what you mean by "The problem is the integration only allow me one AD Group in Qlik connector.". Can you clarify this part?

In general you need to ensure that your users have the attributes that you want to utilize. In your case the attribute is the group membership. Setup User Directory Connector (UDC) to sync attributes to your accessing users, and remember to setup a sync task to keep the attributes up to date.

User directory connectors ‒ Qlik Sense

After successful sync validate the attributes in Users list in QMC, by clicking the next to userid.

Users ‒ Qlik Sense

With attributes properly setup you can start utilizing them in your security rules.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

AD groups come through nicely using the UDC creating a stream for group a and a stream for group b and setting security rules to manage access should be straight forward.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It works. Txs.