Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JuMo
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to work with a colleague on the same App ?

Hello All

I’ve developed an App that I regularly publish so that my workmate and my managers can access to the latest data.

I’ve been out one month,

Is there a way that my teammate Load new Data ?

Can they also update the report? (Like changing some colors o modifying some columns or correcting some formulas)

I am asking that because obviously they cannot access to my personal workspace (and I won’t share my credentials) and I don’t think they can do such think with published Apps.

What is the way of working ?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

Assuming they have the appropriate permissions, they can duplicate the published app, make any required changes, and then re-publish the app. Note that this will not impact any versions you may currently have in your own Work stream.

Insofar as just loading new data, you can set up a QMC task and have them run it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Assuming they have the appropriate permissions, they can duplicate the published app, make any required changes, and then re-publish the app. Note that this will not impact any versions you may currently have in your own Work stream.

Insofar as just loading new data, you can set up a QMC task and have them run it.

JuMo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you, is there a way to do so from the Hub ? Or shall they use the QMC ?

I can duplicate my published App for the QMC, but I don't know how from the hub.

Or
MVP
MVP

This can be done from the hub if the appropriate permissions have been assigned using security rules. Depending on security rules, they may also need to take ownership of the published app in order to republish their version from the hub rather than from QMC.

JuMo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

OK, many thanks