Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg225
Contributor II
Contributor II

How translatable is skill with QlikView to Qlik Sense

Hi all,

Say I was to become fairly comfortably working with Qlik view. Would these skills be easily translatable to working with Qlik Sense? I know the tools are similar, but I'm not super familiar with either and wasn't sure if it would be easy to switch between the two.

Sorry for asking what I'm sure is a silly question.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

Very translatable.  The load script is the same.  Dimensions and measures are written the same.  The only thing that's different is the UI, which is much more simplified, so you don't have as  much control around how charts look, but that's technically less functionality than more.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Very translatable.  The load script is the same.  Dimensions and measures are written the same.  The only thing that's different is the UI, which is much more simplified, so you don't have as  much control around how charts look, but that's technically less functionality than more.

Tanalex
Creator II
Creator II

I will echo @Nicole-Smith.  Same engine, same syntax.  If you are steeped in QV, there will be a bit if a disconnect, as it is not as visually flexible, out of the box.  That gap is changing with each new QS release.  Plus there is a plethora of extensions, which bring the two product's closer.

gg225
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks!

gg225
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you!