Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Howto: Is it possible to make dynamic texts?

Is it possible to ie. generate a date (or other formula based text) in the sheet title - or in labels, title, subtitle, footnote of the different charts?

or is there a specific chart that I can position on the sheet to generate a dynamic piece of text

9 Replies
pabloviera
Creator
Creator

Hello Rickard, I was just tinkering yesterday with the dynamic texts.

I haven't found a way to use it in the sheets title, but it works in the titles of the visualization objects

You can do something like this, adding not only dates but current filters (It's an example):

'Sales through ' & date(max([Your Field]),'DD/MM') & ': '

& if(isnull(GetFieldSelections(Country)),'',' -Country:') & ' ' & GetFieldSelections(Country)

& if(isnull(GetFieldSelections(Store)),'',' -Stores:') & ' ' & GetFieldSelections(Store)

brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi

everywhere you see a function icone :

you can add dynamic text for example :

'number of sale : ' & 'your mesure'

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Rickard,

You can generate titles in the a chart title, subtitle and footer areas. Its not possible with the sheet title but I think it can be worked around with a text object.

Not applicable
Author

Can I do enforced NewLines ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can cancatenate your text with chr(13), this will create a new line.

brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi

I don't think so

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

As the guys have said where you have an FX symbol the text displayed can be set by expression.  There are currently gaps in the areas that can be set in this way which I've heard Qlik are going to be addressing.

I hope they do as in addition to eh use case you have mentioned I need to be able to localise my chart comments and currently its a bit hit and miss e.g. titles, subtitles, footnotes yes, dimensions, measures, sheet names no.

vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III

i think it can be archived using text box & variable. u can assign the variable value dynamically same will be displayed on the text box. but question is what is your definition of dynamic data. from where and how u will receive the data and when, where  & how you want to show the data. based on that u can right the logic

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Rickard,

You can use expressions like this in the header, footer and subtitle fields for dynamic texts:

'Current View - '&

if(getfieldselections([`Date Status`]) = 'Quarter', 'Quarterly: ' ,

if(getfieldselections([`Date Status`]) = 'Month', 'Monthly' ,

if(getfieldselections([`Date Status`]) = 'Last Week', 'Last Week',

if(getfieldselections([`Date Status`]) = 'Week','Weekly'  ,

'Monthly'

))))

& chr(13)

& if(isnull(getfieldselections([Order Status])), 'New,Used,Motability',getfieldselections([Order Status]))