Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jnkansayeboah
Contributor
Contributor

I am new to qlik sense. Can I create a new dimension field based on conditions on another dimension field?

I have a dimension field within my table called 'Vacancy Status' which shows the status of a job vacancy...i.e 'open', 'on hold', 'filled', 'cancelled' etc....I also have fields in my table called vacancy created date and vacancy closed date. I want to what the vacancy status was for a vacancy within a particular vacancy created date and vacancy closed date, timeframe.

Is this possible to do in qliksense?

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

It can be possible or atleast  work around, If you can share sample data set and explain the outcome..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Jnkansayeboah
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sure! Column B in my table attached shows the current vacancy status of a job role. I would like to create column E which shows the vacancy status of a job role in September, using the field [Vacancy Status].

darbypietrok
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help, folks. You know, at the age of 58, I can't solve such complicated issues myself. I'm grateful to such selfless people like you who are always ready to help. You know, I have a friend who works at wallstreetoasis.com. Tbh, I've never seen a more responsible person than him. So, he always helps me deal with my computer issues. I have a son, but he's far away from me, so he can't help me. He lives in Thailand, which is too far from me. We speak each Sunday, but it's never enough. So, I miss him so much. So, Andy (the guy from WSO) is like my second son cause he always helps me. So, thank you, guys. Best wishes to you. Take care.