Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

anil529106
New Contributor II

I am unable add extra blank spaces between characters/words in qliksense "Text & Image" object...how can I do this??

I am unable add extra blank spaces between characters/words in qliksense "Text & Image" object...how can I do this??

9 Replies
dan_sullivan
Contributor II

Re: I am unable add extra blank spaces between characters/words in qliksense "Text & Image" object...how can I do this??

That's weird.  Native support allows for it.  Just tried and could type my name with a space without issue.  Sorry

bellamae
Valued Contributor

Re: I am unable add extra blank spaces between characters/words in qliksense "Text & Image" object...how can I do this??

What happens when you try?

dan_sullivan
Contributor II

It allows me to do it.  I drag the Text&Image box onto the sheet.  Clicked inside of it and was able to type away with spaces in the sentence. 

I think the poster is referring to "extra spaces".  That is, more than one.  My experience of QS is that it always throws away extra spaces.  QV does that in some cases as well, but you could work around it with "Repeat(chr(160),10)" but that trick doesn't work with QS.

-Rob

lech_miszkiewic
Honored Contributor III

Hi Rob,

CHR(160) works as a leading character in Qlik Sense - I use it always in QlikSense P&L straight table views where i have to create indents and it works. I have never used it in the middle of text string, but i would expect it to work in similar way.

What about "verbatim" variable. Isn't it linked somehow?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2017/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/SystemVariables/Verbatim...

regards

Lech

anil529106
New Contributor II

Thanks all you reply..

but It's not working using chr()..not sure about use of "verbatim" variable.

I think Verbatim can be set for scripts only..

my requirement like:          Anil              Jena

now result: Anil Jena

lech_miszkiewic
Honored Contributor III

what if you cheat and create a measure with say Repeat('__',20) and use a white color of it? Just like on my screenshots?

1.png2.png

anil529106
New Contributor II

yes, it's looks like fulfilling the requirement..

vmuppala
New Contributor II

Works prefect for PL template. Thank you