Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerard_faiget
Contributor II
Contributor II

I can't delete a Task in the qmc

hi experts

IIn the task shedule of the qmc web, i can't delete some task because appears the message:

"An error ocurred"

The "DeleteBySelection" operation failed

I have deleted others task in the past without problema, but now i cant delete some of them

Thanks a lot

6 Replies
balabhaskarqlik

Check (or ask your Qlik Admin to check) if you have right privileges to do that... I believe you should have some Admin role assigned to your account to do task's deletion...

balabhaskarqlik

Task is assigned on .qvw files. so what happen with you is that you assign reload task on .qvw file. so qlikview make image for that task and then you directly delete that .qvw file from the location on which you assign reload task. So you delete from source location but on qmc it's image always be there because u didn't disable the Task.

So Step 1:

Come to source location where you delete .qvw file and make .qvw file with exactly same name.

Step 2:

after creating come to qmc then you see that qvw file is exist in Documents tab and on that .qvw file reload task is assign so first you have to disable that task and press apply.

Step 3:

Make sure you didn't apply license on that if you apply license on that so delete the license from that file as well.

gerard_faiget
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, thanks for the fast response

I am admin of the QLik qmc and hub

I dont understand why now i can't delete tasks in the scheduler.

I will try to do what you propose

sorry i miss to say that i am using QLIK SENSE

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Well... in that case you should not have started your topic in a QlikVIEW forum .

Moving topic to "New to Qlik Sense".

May you live in interesting times!
gerard_faiget
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, i have 3 users admin

I have tried to create a task and afterwards delete it but i cant

always appears the message

The "DeleteBySelection" operation failed

gerard_faiget
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Finally, today i have upgraded the version of qlik to june 2017.

With this new version now i can delete the old tasks and old apps