Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I have data that has multiple date fields but I would like to use one timeline, in which I am able to show all of these different actions taking place. Is this something I can do using the master calendar concept?

My goal is to have one timeline in which I can show multiple events. for example I have data that has the following date fields, Submit Date, Review Date, Cancellation Date, and Completion date.

I would like to show on a timeline of 2015, the count of: application submitted, applications reviewed, applications cancellation , and how many applications completed on a given date. I thought using the Master Calendar function would set me up so that I could display graphs of this nature. But it did not seem to accurately portray this information.

Is this even possible? What would be the cleanest way to set this graph up?

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Have a look here: Canonical Date

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Paul,

As sunny t‌ mentioned, a Canonical Date helps you deal with multiple date fields.

Thanks,

Sangram.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

A canonical date would solve your request to draw a common time line, but since your dates are semantically different, you might still need to be able to select different dates for each entity.

Why You sometimes should Load a Master Table several times

So maybe combine the canonical date approach with several master calender:

Re: Tutorial - Using Common Date Dimensions and Shared Calendars