Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlikuser09
Creator II
Creator II

I want to check if manager 7 is null select manager 6 as leader , if manager 6 is null select manager 5 as leader and so on until level 1.

I want to check if manager 7 is null select manager 6 as leader , if manager 6 is null select manager 5 as leader and so on until level 1. Is there a way ii could do this in data load editor

Labels (1)
4 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

I hope, you have 5 to 6 column represents each column one manager info. If that is the case, then try with 

coalesce(Manager7, Manager6, Manager5,..)

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Design/Coalesce-and-EmptyIsNull-Functions/ba-p/1803939#:~:text=Accordi....

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Qlikuser09
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Qlikuser201_0-1667315294123.png

I tried that its not working in pivot chart, i wanted some thing like the above, leader 1 under leader 1 will be leader 2 , if leader 1 is null, leader 2 will be leader 1 

MayilVahanan

Hi

Can you bring the new field from script and use it in the Pivot table.

coalesce(Manager7, Manager6, Manager5,..) as newField

Thanks

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Qlikuser09
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi In my case Coalesce is working same as bringing in the fields separately as shown below. where organizational hierarchy is listed separately for separate group of people .

For example sometimes the leader 7 may be leader 5 ( where leader 7 and 6 are showing as blank) for some people , and they are listed separately . 

Qlikuser201_0-1667848468278.png