Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhmmd_srf
Creator II
Creator II

If Clause is creating Issue in Rangesum

Hi All,

I need to show rangesum for maxdate in dashboard against Time in X axis in 15 mins interval. And my expression is below:

RangeSum(Above(Sum({$<Z_DATE=, M_DATE={'$(=(Date('$(vDATE)','M/D/YYYY')))'}>} ORD_LINE_CNT),0,RowNo()))

vDATE is for max date. For max date we have data till 17:15. Chart is showing data till 17:15. as expected.

But if we mention below expression then chart is showing data for all time , i.e. till 23:45.

If (Selector = 'Cum',RangeSum(Above(Sum({$<Z_DATE=, M_DATE={'$(=(Date('$(vDATE)','M/D/YYYY')))'}>} ORD_LINE_CNT),0,RowNo())),0)

Could anyone please help me on this.

Thanks in advance for help.

Regards,
Sarif

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

The idea is that because we added this set analysis {$<Z_DATE=, M_DATE={'$(=(Date('$(vDATE)','M/D/YYYY')))'}>} the Avg expression one equal to 1 for when the hours meet the criteria in your set analysis and when they don't Avg expression = 0. So I am multiplying with either 1 or 0. Does this make sense?

Let me know if you are still confused

If you are clear, then I would request you to close this thread by marking correct and helpful responses.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

How about this?

If(Only({$<Z_DATE=, M_DATE={'$(=(Date('$(vDATE)','M/D/YYYY')))'}>} Selector) = 'Cum',

RangeSum(Above(Sum({$<Z_DATE=, M_DATE={'$(=(Date('$(vDATE)','M/D/YYYY')))'}>} ORD_LINE_CNT),0,RowNo())))

mhmmd_srf
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Sunny,

It is also showing all time....not restricting till 17:15.

Thanks,

Sarif

sunny_talwar

How about this:

If(Selector = 'Cum',

RangeSum(Above(Sum({$<Z_DATE=, M_DATE={'$(=(Date('$(vDATE)','M/D/YYYY')))'}>} ORD_LINE_CNT),0,RowNo()))) * Avg({$<Z_DATE=, M_DATE={'$(=(Date('$(vDATE)','M/D/YYYY')))'}>} 1)

mhmmd_srf
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Sunny..it is working fine...one more request. I trying to incorporate else clause as well. Like if Selector = 'Cum', then rangesum else it will be normal sum. Like:

If(Selector = 'Cum',

RangeSum(Above(Sum({$<Z_DATE=, M_DATE={'$(=(Date('$(vDATE)','M/D/YYYY')))'}>} ORD_LINE_CNT),0,RowNo())), Sum({$<Z_DATE=, M_DATE={'$(=(Date('$(vDATE)','M/D/YYYY')))'}}>} ORD_LINE_CNT) )*

Avg({$<Z_DATE=, M_DATE={'$(=(Date('$(vDATE)','M/D/YYYY')))'}>}1)

This is not working properly. Could you please help me out on this.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

mhmmd_srf
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hey Sunny..now it is working fine. My expression was wrong. Sorry for that. Thanks a lot. But could you please explain in short how it is working when we are multiplying with AVG function.

I checked that the AVG function is returning 1. And I tired to multiply the same expression with 1 instead of AVG function, the it was not working properly. It was showing all the available time.

It would be really greatfull if you find some time and let me know how this is working.

Thanks again.

Sarif

sunny_talwar

The idea is that because we added this set analysis {$<Z_DATE=, M_DATE={'$(=(Date('$(vDATE)','M/D/YYYY')))'}>} the Avg expression one equal to 1 for when the hours meet the criteria in your set analysis and when they don't Avg expression = 0. So I am multiplying with either 1 or 0. Does this make sense?

Let me know if you are still confused

If you are clear, then I would request you to close this thread by marking correct and helpful responses.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny

mhmmd_srf
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Dear Sunny,

I am bit confused..it would be really helpful for me if you explain this in bit details...

Thanks,

Sarif

mhmmd_srf
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hey Suuny.. I got the idea..thanks a bro..

sunny_talwar

No problem , I apologize for not able to go over in further details after my last post. I was planning to do that soon, but if you already got it, then I might not