Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ignore 0 value in line chart

Sorry if this is a dumb question.  I am new to Qlik Sense and struggling a bit to solve what i expect is a simple problem.  i have a line chart with several measures.  the chart should show data points over time.  some weeks will not have data yet.  i want the line to stop.  instead, the application plots the data as 0.  see below:

the highest line goes from 30 in -w8 to 0 in -w7.  I would like the line to just stop at 30.

thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simon_hallworth
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Greg,

In the properties panel click the Add-ons section and then click Data handling to see the options - at the moment there is just one option labelled Show zero values which you need to un-tick.

Show_zero_values.PNG

Simon

View solution in original post

7 Replies
vikasmahajan

Select Chart Right Click and Set Min and Max scale

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

actually want to ignore null value instead of treating as 0

Not applicable
Author

hey vikas-

thanks for the response.  your example looks like qlikview.  but i did try to change the min/max in qlik sense and it didnt impact the chart. 

thx though.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you go to the "Dimension" property on the right, and look at the "Limitation" drop down.

Select "Exact Value"

Then ">"

and 0.

Untick "Show others" and it will then only display values > 0.

simon_hallworth
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Greg,

In the properties panel click the Add-ons section and then click Data handling to see the options - at the moment there is just one option labelled Show zero values which you need to un-tick.

Show_zero_values.PNG

Simon

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes there is at least a couple of ways of achieving this - I have attached a Qlik Sense app that illustrates the two approaches. Which one you use depends on how you do your dimension and measure choices...

Qlik Sense2.PNG

benwashburne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@petter  Thank you for the very simple solution. The if(sum...null()) works very well.