Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Qlik® Product Spotlight: Discover what’s possible. Get more from our products.
See for yourself. Register today.
Not applicable

Ignore 0 value in line chart

Sorry if this is a dumb question.  I am new to Qlik Sense and struggling a bit to solve what i expect is a simple problem.  i have a line chart with several measures.  the chart should show data points over time.  some weeks will not have data yet.  i want the line to stop.  instead, the application plots the data as 0.  see below:

the highest line goes from 30 in -w8 to 0 in -w7.  I would like the line to just stop at 30.

thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simon_hallworth
New Contributor II

Re: Ignore 0 value in line chart

Hi Greg,

In the properties panel click the Add-ons section and then click Data handling to see the options - at the moment there is just one option labelled Show zero values which you need to un-tick.

Show_zero_values.PNG

Simon

6 Replies
vikasmahajan
Esteemed Contributor

Select Chart Right Click and Set Min and Max scale

Vikas

Not applicable

actually want to ignore null value instead of treating as 0

Not applicable

hey vikas-

thanks for the response.  your example looks like qlikview.  but i did try to change the min/max in qlik sense and it didnt impact the chart. 

thx though.

tap
Contributor

If you go to the "Dimension" property on the right, and look at the "Limitation" drop down.

Select "Exact Value"

Then ">"

and 0.

Untick "Show others" and it will then only display values > 0.

simon_hallworth
New Contributor II

Hi Greg,

In the properties panel click the Add-ons section and then click Data handling to see the options - at the moment there is just one option labelled Show zero values which you need to un-tick.

Show_zero_values.PNG

Simon

MVP
MVP

Yes there is at least a couple of ways of achieving this - I have attached a Qlik Sense app that illustrates the two approaches. Which one you use depends on how you do your dimension and measure choices...

Qlik Sense2.PNG