Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klrameet
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ignore Filters for one of the tables ?

Hi

I have these two tables set of same data

A  (Current Filter, Status = Unmarried

NameAddressDOBGenderStatus
Adam123 Abc St01-01-1990MUnmarried
Brian456 Def St01-01-1991MUnmarried
Copper789 Ghi St01-01-1992FUnmarried

B

NameAddressDOBGenderStatus
Copper789 Ghi St01-01-1992FUnmarried

So, When filter selected on Gender, currently both the tables are showing filtered values (like here in table B) but I only want this additional filter on gender to be only applied to table B,ie. Status = Unmarried + Gender = F

while table A continue to show All the records, based on the other original filter on Status = Unmarried

How can i achieve this ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

If you have expression columns you should add a SET canceling the selection of Gender. If you don't have an expression  then you will need to create one.

EG:

sum({$<Gender>} Something)

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/SetA...

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

If you have expression columns you should add a SET canceling the selection of Gender. If you don't have an expression  then you will need to create one.

EG:

sum({$<Gender>} Something)

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/SetA...

klrameet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks vegar.lie.arntsen‌ ..

this worked like a charm ... is there a way i can exclude filters for multiple columns ..

e.g. sum( {$<Gender= > and $<Address= >} XXX)

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

yes you can do as below:

sum( {< Gender, Address >} your_measure_field)

I hope it helps.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Maybe

For Table A:

Count({< Status={'Unmarried'}>}Name)

For Table B:

Count({<Gender={'F'},Status={'Unmarried'}>}Name)

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Set analysis is a powerful part of QlikView and Qlik Sense. I recommend you to look into it. LivingQlik Roots: The Ultimate QlikView Set Analysis Reference could be a good place to start I addition to the Qlik help page I referred to earlier.

klrameet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

vegar.lie.arntsenshahbazkhan‌ .. is it possible to set modifiers in such a way that they work with current selection and some default condition as AND ..

E.g I want to display total for selected name (this selection can change) and for Adam (always) .. I tried using Sum({$<[Name]={Adam}>}[Total]), but this only returns total for Adam, ignoring the current selection... any ideas plz

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Did you try with getselectedcount?

if(getselectedcount(Name)=0,

Sum({$<[Name]={Adam}>}[Total]),

Sum(Total))

This would work if by default or without any selection you like to just see Adam but if you select others it would show others and also Adams if selected.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Yes there is a syntax for using selected values + a default set.

Try this expression:

Sum({$<[Name]+={'Adam'}>}[Total])

klrameet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi vegar.lie.arntsen

this is works perfect. But if i make a selection on address alone with name, the data for adam goes away again .. i tried to modify it as

Sum({$<[Name]+={'Adam'},[Address]+={'123 Abc St'}>}[Total])

but this doesn't work, am i missing on something ?