Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ignore a filter on set analisis

Hello,

I have a chart that has various values by month. and I have a table that outputs the sum of everything. So I want to use a Month filter that affects the table without losing the chart data.

here is my equation:

=if(WildMatch(  [DRE.Competência]  ,'*2018*'),{<  [DRE.Competência]  =>}  [DRE.Competência]  )

this field is the dimension on the chart that refers to the Month. This equation gives me an error. So this is what i am using right now:

=if(WildMatch(  [DRE.Competência]  ,'*2018*'),   [DRE.Competência]  )

I want this field to not change even with a filter for it.

Thanks in advance!

13 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

may be try this?

= Only({< [DRE.Competência]= >} if(WildMatch(  [DRE.Competência]  ,'*2018*') >0,   [DRE.Competência]))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It doesn't work, 

this

= Only({< [DRE.Competência]= >} if(WildMatch(  [DRE.Competência]  ,'*2018*') >0,   [DRE.Competência]))

and this

= Only({< [DRE.Competência]= >} if(WildMatch(  [DRE.Competência]  ,'*2018*'),   [DRE.Competência]))

returns INVALID DIMENSION

but i will look into this ONLY function. thanks

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Invalid dimension means there is some problem with the dimension name? Check if you using correct spelling or fieldname.

balabhaskarqlik

=if(WildMatch([DRE.Competência],'*2018*'),({<[DRE.Competência]= >}[DRE.Competência]),0)

balabhaskarqlik

May be :

=if(WildMatch([DRE.Competência],'*2018*'),Only([DRE.Competência]),0)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It didnt work.

The "only" function isn't what i want. I want to make the filter of this dimension not work on this chart. Like this:

filter:

DRE.Competência = jan/2018

on chart:

Shows all months from 2018.

So i just need a function that will ignore this field filter.

Thanks

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Try with Dimension

=Aggr(Only({<[DRE.Competência]={"*2018*"}>}  [DRE.Competência]),[DRE.Competência])

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It did nothing. The filter can still alter the chart with your function as dimension.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share your sample app please. Where are you using this expression i mean in calculated dimension or as an expression. Can you screenshot the selection you are doing and your expected output  you want to see. A sample file with expected output will help us to help you better.