Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmihal1987
Contributor II
Contributor II

Ignore selections in filter made using calculated master Dimension

Hi ,

I have created a calculated Master Dimension in Qliksense the Expression for it is

=if($(vPeriodNumber) = 1,FISCAL_QUARTER_F,null())

where value of vPeriodNumber variable can be 1,2,3

I have a KPI object whose expression is

Sum ({<RECORD_TYPE={'A'},VERSION_GROUP_CODE={'ACT'},FISCAL_YEAR_F = P(FISCAL_YEAR),FISCAL_YEAR_PERIOD_NUMBER =P(FISCAL_MONTH),FISCAL_QUARTER_F=>} LOCAL_$(vPeriod)_AMOUNT)

in set analysis statement I added clause FISCAL_QUARTER_F =   to ignore all the selections made , this way it ignores the selections with FISCAL_QUARTER_F as a filter.  the values in FISCAL_QUARTER_F is Q1,Q2,Q3,Q4

but when I use master dimension as filter it is doing selections in the KPI object. I need some help in this so when I select master dimension, the values in KPI object does not get affected.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pmihal1987
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This gives wrong numbers, But I found a work around for this. the reason I created master Dimension in such a way is to ignore the selection in the filter when vPeriodNumber is not 1. I decided to use an Extension called Show/Hide Container. with object hidden when vperiodnumber is not 1,  FISCAL_QUARTER_F = , in set analysis do the job for now. 

Thank you for your help spending some time for me 🙂 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
usamabinsadiq
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

if you want to disregard selection completely for  FISCAL_QUARTER_F then instead of using  FISCAL_QUARTER_F = you should use {1<FISCAL_QUARTER_F =>}

I hope this will help you,

Regards,  

if my replay helped you then please press like button and do not forget to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
pmihal1987
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thanks for reply, but this does not work

usamabinsadiq
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

please try this:

Sum ({<RECORD_TYPE={'A'},VERSION_GROUP_CODE={'ACT'},FISCAL_YEAR_F = P(FISCAL_YEAR),FISCAL_YEAR_PERIOD_NUMBER =P(FISCAL_MONTH)> +1<FISCAL_QUARTER_F=>} LOCAL_$(vPeriod)_AMOUNT)

I hope this helps.

Regards, 

if my replay helped you then please press like button and do not forget to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
pmihal1987
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This gives wrong numbers, But I found a work around for this. the reason I created master Dimension in such a way is to ignore the selection in the filter when vPeriodNumber is not 1. I decided to use an Extension called Show/Hide Container. with object hidden when vperiodnumber is not 1,  FISCAL_QUARTER_F = , in set analysis do the job for now. 

Thank you for your help spending some time for me 🙂