Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

Ignore the dimension, but uses it value in a new lookup?

I am recreating a report from another system in Qlik Sense. This report is a simple table of values for users where they are the event agent. So my dimension on the table is EventAgentName. The problem I am running into is that one of the columns in the report is counting where the user is the call center agent, not the event agent. Is there a way to ignore the dimension value for the sum, but get the dimension value to use in the new criteria?

9 Replies
karthikeyan1504
Contributor III

Re: Ignore the dimension, but uses it value in a new lookup?

I hope a if condition in ur expression will solve the problem,

count(if(dimension='Event Agent', EventAgentName)

Not applicable

The Dimension of my table is the EventAgentName. For this column, I need to ignore that dimension and calculate over all the data. I tried using a Set Expression, but that doesn't seem to remove the table dimension. Plus, I need to get the value of the current rows dimension, so that I can use it in this query.

karthikeyan1504
Contributor III

Hi Mike,

Could you please upload your qvw... so that it will be clear to understand.

Warm Regards,

Karthikeyan A R.

Not applicable

There is a lot of business data in it, so not sure if I can share it.

Our model is like this:

Calendar

• CalendarDate
  • PeriodNumber

Events

• CalendarDate
  • EventType
  • AppointmentId
  • LeadSourceId
  • SourceId

Appointments

• AppointmentId
  • CallCenterRepName

LeadSources

• LeadSourceId
  • EventAgentName

On my sheet is a Filter Pane with CalendarDate and a Table.

The first column in the table is EventAgentName field (This is the Dimension for the table)

The other columns in the table are expressions. Some example of the expressions are:

• COUNT(DISTINCT IF(EventType = 'AppointmentSet' AND IsRescheduleNowSetAppointment = 0 AND SourceName = 'Proximity Marketing' AND ISNULL(EventAgentName) = 0, AppointmentId))
  • COUNT(DISTINCT IF(EventType = 'AppointmentSet' AND AppointmentStatus = 'Deleted' AND IsRescheduleNowDeletedAppointment = 0 AND SourceName = 'Proximity Marketing', AppointmentId))

I need to add a column that uses an expression like this, but ignore the tables Dimension filter and uses tables Dimension value for the row:

COUNT(DISTINCT IF(EventType = 'AppointmentSet' AND IsNull(AppointmentResult) = 0 AND SourceName = 'Proximity Marketing' AND CallCenterAgentName = CurrentDimensionValue, AppointmentId))

Does that make sense?

karthikeyan1504
Contributor III

Can you try creating the variable for CurrentDimensionValue as below?

In variable overview please add the variable CurrentDimensionValue = getcurrentfield(Dimension)

COUNT(DISTINCT IF(EventType = 'AppointmentSet' AND IsNull(AppointmentResult) = 0 AND SourceName = 'Proximity Marketing' AND CallCenterAgentName = $(CurrentDimensionValue), AppointmentId))

I have understood in this way. If this is not what you are expecting please let me know

Warm Regards,

Karthikeyan.

Not applicable

Karthikeyan,

That didn't work, the column is empty. According to the Qlik Sense documentation, that function isn't supported in Qlik Sense. (https://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/QlikView-functions...)

Mike

karthikeyan1504
Contributor III

Hi Mike,

I was not aware of this... if you want to select only one dimension value at once, then you can use only() function.

CurrentDimensionValue = only(Dimension)

Warm Regards,

Karthikeyan.

Not applicable

Karthikeyan,

Where does this "Dimension" value that you reference come from? Is it a variable that is populated by Qlik?

Mike

karthikeyan1504
Contributor III

It should be your dimension field name..

Lets take the filed name as salesperson, so the formula would be,

COUNT(DISTINCT IF(EventType = 'AppointmentSet' AND IsNull(AppointmentResult) = 0 AND SourceName = 'Proximity Marketing' AND CallCenterAgentName = only(salesperson), AppointmentId))

Community Browser