Did you mean: 
robin_heijt
Creator
Creator

Ignore values if present in previous row

Hi,

I am running into the following issue:

TTH issue.PNG

As you can see my data set contains 5 lines. Each line will have the latest filled date, to indicate that the Req. identifier is filled. But only the person that does actually fill the requisition has a new offer accepted date.

In QS I now want to calculate the "time to fill" with the calculation RangeMin([Latest Filled Date],[New Offer Accepted Date]))-[Req. Creation Date]
Duplicate TTH.PNG

The issue now is that it sees the blank lines as a separate value.

I only want the "time to fill" to be calculated for the first instance in this scenario. 

So the idea is: (But this string does not do the trick). Anyone that can help me?

IF(previous("Req. Identifier")="Req. Identifier" and len([Latest Filled Date])>0 and 
len([New Offer Accepted Date])>0, null(), 
RangeMin([Latest Filled Date],[New Offer Accepted Date]))-[Req. Creation Date])
as "Time to fill"

4 Replies
PrashantSangle

try below

if(len([New Offer Accepted Date])>0,RangeMin([Latest Filled Date],[New Offer Accepted Date])-[Req. Creation Date],0)

Regards,
Prashant Sangle
Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
robin_heijt
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for your reply. It seems to work indeed, great!

However the next issue now is that in some cases a Requisition will not always have a "New Offer Accepted Date". Sometimes it will only have the "latest filled date". Hence my logic was to see if the Req ID already has a New offer accepted date present or not. Would you be able to give me an adaptation of your code with your knowledge here?

PrashantSangle

can you provide with sample data and expected result.

Regards,
Prashant Sangle
Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
robin_heijt
Creator
Creator
Author

So I changed your string to this:

if(len([New Offer Accepted Date])>0,RangeMin([Latest Filled Date],[New Offer Accepted Date])-[Req. Creation Date],null())

So now it results in null() instead of '0'

As you can see in the below example, this string worked on the requisition ID:  18018360

TTH Prashant.PNG

But now I have another Requisition ID: 18009350

This requisition does not have a new offer accepted date at all.

In this scenario the time to fill should still calculate the time to fill based on:

RangeMin([Latest Filled Date],[New Offer Accepted Date])-[Req. Creation Date]

Thanks