Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hemachandran
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Import User Recipients and filters from Qlikview in Qlik NPrinting

Hi Team,

I need to import recipients ,filters and groups from Qlikview and data will changing based on the condition. And it will be changing daily .

I need to import the recipients, filters and groups before the reports sending . In N-Printing Data should be updated automatically before sending to the user.

Can u please help on this to get the right solution.

Regards,

Hemachandran

5 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

If you are using Nprinting 17 or higher have a look at below to import users and filters. It's pretty straight forward.
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2018/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Use...

For scheduling this before report sending
1: Have some definite interval between user import and Nprinting publish task
2: Use Nprinting APIS to trigger task such that one task runs after another get completed

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/nprinting-17-task-reload-after-QMC-task/m-p...
Learning never stops.
hemachandran
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi pradosh,

Thanks for ur reply,

I Need to import users and filters from qlikview Application not from excel or other sources.

Thanks..

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Hi

Please create a publish task that will save the file in a folder in excel format than use import task to import the users and filters.

Thanks
Pradosh
Learning never stops.
hemachandran
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

I need to create from qlikview app or any other way to create...

Thanks

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

1: See the format mentioned in the link i mentioned .
2: Create a chart in Qlikview with the same column names.
3 :Do the same for filter and group tabs. use NPrinting to create an excel report.
4: Use a publish task to publish the report in a folder.
5: Once published use the excel in the import task to import your users and filters.
Learning never stops.