Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hemachandran
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Import User Recipients and filters from Qlikview in Qlik NPrinting

Hi Team,

I need to import recipients ,filters and groups from Qlikview and data will changing based on the condition. And it will be changing daily .

I need to import the recipients, filters and groups before the reports sending . In N-Printing Data should be updated automatically before sending to the user.

Can u please help on this to get the right solution.

Regards,

Hemachandran

5 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

If you are using Nprinting 17 or higher have a look at below to import users and filters. It's pretty straight forward.
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2018/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Use...

For scheduling this before report sending
1: Have some definite interval between user import and Nprinting publish task
2: Use Nprinting APIS to trigger task such that one task runs after another get completed

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/nprinting-17-task-reload-after-QMC-task/m-p...
Learning never stops.
hemachandran
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi pradosh,

Thanks for ur reply,

I Need to import users and filters from qlikview Application not from excel or other sources.

Thanks..

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Hi

Please create a publish task that will save the file in a folder in excel format than use import task to import the users and filters.

Thanks
Pradosh
Learning never stops.
hemachandran
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

I need to create from qlikview app or any other way to create...

Thanks

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

1: See the format mentioned in the link i mentioned .
2: Create a chart in Qlikview with the same column names.
3 :Do the same for filter and group tabs. use NPrinting to create an excel report.
4: Use a publish task to publish the report in a folder.
5: Once published use the excel in the import task to import your users and filters.
Learning never stops.