Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Import qvf to qliksense server

Hello together,

I have tried to import a qvf file to the qliksense server. The file was created with the sense desktop installation.

At the management console I used Apps->Import but I get the following error:

"Failed to import app. Please check the log file" (See attached Picture)

The log file says:

Server: ImportApp_impl caught extended exception 403: Forbidden

Session stop reason: Socket closed by client

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Constantin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answers! The problem was related to a very interesting bug:

After the installation of qlik sense the root admin user

- was not able to open the operation and license monitor

- was not able to open and edit apps (even that one he created himself)

- was not able to import apps (as described)

Solution:

I had to deinstall qliksense, delete the whole qlik sense directory manually (C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense) and to delete the created certificates (see this thread Qlik Sense QMC and Hub do not open )

Best regards, Constantin

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Constantin,

Have you tested to import another application, just to make sure the issue is not application specific?

Please also have a look at the help page for importing applications:

https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/index.html#../Subsystems/Qlik_Management_Console_help/Conte...

If the problem still excist I would recommend you bring this issue to our Technical Support for futher help and troubleshooting.

br,
Hanna

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Is the QVF file saved in Qlik Sense 1.0 or earlier? If earlier, please try upgrading the desktop client to 1.0 and resave the QVF file.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answers! The problem was related to a very interesting bug:

After the installation of qlik sense the root admin user

- was not able to open the operation and license monitor

- was not able to open and edit apps (even that one he created himself)

- was not able to import apps (as described)

Solution:

I had to deinstall qliksense, delete the whole qlik sense directory manually (C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense) and to delete the created certificates (see this thread Qlik Sense QMC and Hub do not open )

Best regards, Constantin

bradshields
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

this link no longer works perhaps you could update it.

The reason I visited this page was to see if there is any process for dealing with images embedded in qvf developed in desktop as it is imported into Server?

Not applicable
Author

I tried to import qvf file in to Qlik Sense 2.0 server which are built in Qlik Sense 1.0 server. But importing taking long time and giving error. Please suggest

Not applicable
Author

error.JPG

screenshot attached. HUB is opeining perfectly and new app also working fine on Qliksense 2.0

Not applicable
Author

Constantin. I have the same problem to import QVF file by qliksense server. I tried to change my user profile but its not work. I saw your solution to desintall qliksense, but why it will work? How do you install the qliksense server to stop the problem?

Not applicable
Author

Hi renato, the reinstall will work due to the problem with the certificates -> (see the following link: Qlik Sense QMC and Hub do not open )

Best regards, Constantin