Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mahitham
Creator II
Creator II

Import the Apps from Sandbox/DEV Environment to Production Environment in Qliksense

Hi Everyone,

We want to move the QlikSense application developed in Sandbox Environment into Production Environment.

Please let me know is their any automation Process to do it?

If their is only Manual way please let me know the steps need to follow.

1. Need to Export the Application from Sandbox Environment QMC and Import into Production Environment.

Next am i need to change the Data connections and copy the source files again manually or is their any automation process their.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rittermd
Master
Master

There is no automatic way to do this unless someone has written an extension to do this.

So here are the steps that we do.

I remote desktop to the Production server and open the QMC for the Prod environment and the Dev environment in my browser. 

I export the app from the DEV system.  It gets copied to downloads folder on server.

I then go to the QMC for the Prod System and Import the app from the downloads folder.

If the app already exists there then I add New to the end of the name.

Then I publish the 'New' app

If you didn't do it this way then after you exported the app from Dev you would have to copy that file over to the Production server and then import.  So this saves some steps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rittermd
Master
Master

There is no automatic way to do this unless someone has written an extension to do this.

So here are the steps that we do.

I remote desktop to the Production server and open the QMC for the Prod environment and the Dev environment in my browser. 

I export the app from the DEV system.  It gets copied to downloads folder on server.

I then go to the QMC for the Prod System and Import the app from the downloads folder.

If the app already exists there then I add New to the end of the name.

Then I publish the 'New' app

If you didn't do it this way then after you exported the app from Dev you would have to copy that file over to the Production server and then import.  So this saves some steps.