cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pliljeros
Contributor
Contributor

Importing from file on Hard Disk

Hi, I am desperately trying to fight my way through creating a new dashboard and have come across a show stopping problem which, after 3 or 4 days of searching, I just cannot find any help on.  I am successfully importing data from Excel files, which are stored in a folder on my hard disk by dragging and dropping them in the data load screen, however I cannot point the script to these files.  I want to be in the situation where I can save new source data, overwriting the existing files, and then simply click "reload" in the dashboard, and see the new data.  Can anyone please advise what I am missing, and obviously what extra information you need.
I am using a qliksense cloud based dashboard as I think I can do this in the desktop, but keep receiving warnings the desktop version is ceasing to be used.
Many Thanks in advance, Paul

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lblumenfeld
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Set up  data connection that points to this path and file. Then LIB CONNECT to that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lblumenfeld
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

You should be able to set up a folder data connection and then reference that data connection in your script.

LIB CONNECT TO 'DataSource';

where DataSource is the connection you created.

pliljeros
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.  In its simplest form, is this what I should be trying to do?

LIB CONNECT TO 'C:\Temp\qryExoport.xlsx';

LOAD .....
FROM [lib:qryExport.xlsx]
I am so sorry, I really appreciate your help, I am just struggling to find any meaningful help on this.

lblumenfeld
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Set up  data connection that points to this path and file. Then LIB CONNECT to that.