cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlegit
Contributor II
Contributor II

In straight table have rows show only when two conditions are met in one column

Hello, This is my first post so bare with me. 

I have a requirement to show only clients that have both an Over/Under associated in the Visit Target column like this:

Client Payor Plan Svc VisitMonth AuthHours VisitHours VisitTarget Provisional
A A A ADT 04/01/2022 15 10 Under No
B C C CL B 04/01/2022 20 5 Under Yes
C B B RE 04/01/2022 10 0 Under No
C B B HM 04/01/2022 2 2 Even Yes
E A A CL B 04/01/2022 0 0 Under Yes
E A A RE 04/01/2022 25 48.15 Over No
E A A ADT 04/01/2022 1 0 Under No

All other records need to be ignored if the client does not have a Under AND Over.

How can I go about this? I have tried set analysis, if statements, match, and other functions but I can't figure it out. I have also searched the forum and googled quite a bit, but wasn't able to find a solution. If it helps, from what I can tell based off my data-- the Svc seems to always be distinct for the Over result compared to the other VisitTargets.

Labels (6)
0 Solutions
12 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

either of the two will work

sum({<Client=p({<VisitTarget={'Under'}>}Client)>*<Client=p({<VisitTarget={'Over'}>}Client)>}VisitHours)

OR

sum({<Client={"=count({<VisitTarget={'Over','Under'}>}distinct VisitTarget)=2"}>}VisitHours)

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
tlegit
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Vinieme12,

Thank you for your response.

I got your expressions to work, but I don't see the data the way I need it to be read. 

From what I understand, the expression you provided only calculates totals if the Visit Target is either Over or Under. However, I need to show the table such as this:

Client Payor Plan Svc VisitMonth AuthHours VisitHours VisitTarget Provisional
A A A ADT 04/01/2022 15 10 Under No
B C C CL B 04/01/2022 20 5 Under Yes
C B B RE 04/01/2022 10 0 Under No
C B B HM 04/01/2022 2 2 Even Yes
E A A CL B 04/01/2022 0 0 Under Yes
E A A RE 04/01/2022 25 48.15 Over No
E A A ADT 04/01/2022 1 0 Under

No

D
B B RE 04/01/2022 12 15 Over

Yes

D B B ADT 04/01/2022 5 5 Even

No

Where only the clients that have Both an Over and Under show. If the client has an Over, but not an under I don't want it to show and vice versa.

Your previous expression only does this:

tlegit_0-1650899280608.png

Values other then Under/Over are not calculated and return zero, but clients that don't have both an Under/Over still show. Is this even possible?

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

The below expression will work in this case, but the implementation is incorrect in your chart

sum({<Client=p({<VisitTarget={'Under'}>}Client)>*<Client=p({<VisitTarget={'Over'}>}Client)>}VisitHours)

This will return the intersection of two sets

( set1 Clients with VisitTarget as Under

INTERSECT

set2 Client s with VisitTarget as Over )

Please paste the expression that you are using

qlikCommunity1.PNG

Vineeth Pujari
tlegit
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

My Client field is a variable based off of a flag- 

IF(MultAuthFlag=1,Client,NULL())

I tried both of your expressions:

sum({<"$(vOPFClient)"={"=count({<VisitTarget={'Over','Under'}>}distinct VisitTarget)=2"}>}OPFVisitHrs)

sum({<"$(vOPFClient)"={"=p({<VisitTarget={'Under'}>}$(vOPFClient))"}>*<"$(vOPFClient)"={"=p({<VisitTarget={'Over'}>}$(vOPFClient))"}>}OPFVisitHrs)

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

This is incorrect  , p() shouldn't be enclosed in {}

sum({<"$(vOPFClient)"={"=p({<VisitTarget={'Under'}>}$(vOPFClient))"}>*<"$(vOPFClient)"={"=p({<VisitTarget={'Over'}>}$(vOPFClient))"}>}OPFVisitHrs)

remove the brackets, and copy paste the below into your chart

sum({<"$(vOPFClient)"=p({<VisitTarget={'Under'}>}"$(vOPFClient)")>*<"$(vOPFClient)"=p({<VisitTarget={'Over'}>}"$(vOPFClient)")>}OPFVisitHrs)

Vineeth Pujari
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

raw:
LOAD
* Inline [
Client,Payor,Plan,Svc,VisitMonth,AuthHours,VisitHours,VisitTarget,Provisional
A,A,A,ADT,04/01/2022,15,10,Under,No
B,C,C,CL B,04/01/2022,20,5,Under,Yes
C,B,B,RE,04/01/2022,10,0,Under,No
C,B,B,HM,04/01/2022,2,2,Even,Yes
E,A,A,CL B,04/01/2022,0,0,Under,Yes
E,A,A,RE,04/01/2022,25,48.15,Over,No
E,A,A,ADT,04/01/2022,1,0,Under,No
DB,B,RE,04/01/2022,12,15,Over,Yes
D,B,B,ADT,04/01/2022,5,5,Even,No
];
exit Script;

cHART

sum({<[$(vOPFClient)]=p({<VisitTarget={'Under'}>}[$(vOPFClient)])>*<[$(vOPFClient)]=p({<VisitTarget={'Over'}>}[$(vOPFClient)])>}OPFVisitHrs)

qlikCommunity1.PNG

Vineeth Pujari
tlegit
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I have tried both expressions, I only receive errors and the functions don't return anything:

sum({<[$(vOPFClient)]=p({<VisitTarget={'Under'}>}[$(vOPFClient)])>*<[$(vOPFClient)]=p({<VisitTarget={'Over'}>}[$(vOPFClient)])>}OPFVisitHrs)

tlegit_1-1650981379377.pngsum({<"$(vOPFClient)"=p({<VisitTarget={'Under'}>}"$(vOPFClient)")>*<"$(vOPFClient)"=p({<VisitTarget={'Over'}>}"$(vOPFClient)")>}OPFVisitHrs)

tlegit_0-1650981315198.png

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

The problem is with the variable definition

=IF(MultAuthFlag=1,'Client',NULL())

Add the equal sign in the variable definition and the field name should be as string within single  quotes

Vineeth Pujari
tlegit
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This did not work, why is the field name in quotes? The field Client is a dimension value with many different values, I don't understand that syntax even with the pre-assignment happening on the variable level. 

I believe the issue lies in how the variable is being set up to be a dimension. 

How do you load the if statement variable as a dimension? 

I tried implementing many different ways alongside your suggestion and I can't even get the value to pull in a kpi when I call the variable using either $(vOPFClient) or vOPFClient:

tlegit_1-1650995976127.png

In my straight table if I write the if statement directly then the values pull fine, but if I use the variable nothing pulls. If I can correct that, then I should be able to do the same in the P() function expression you provided.