Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anushahegde
Contributor III
Contributor III

Include in set analysis

Hi all,

Concat(Distinct{<Include = {'Y'}>}chr(39) & [Country Id] & chr(39),',')

Include is not a field name.

I wanted to understand what does Include=Y do in the set analysis? Can anyone help me here?

Thanks in advance,

Anusha

10 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

your expression make sense only if INCLUDE is a field on your datamodel.. otherwise you will see that the expression is highlighted in red..

anushahegde
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Include is not in the data model. It is not a fieldname.Include.PNGed.

rittermd
Master
Master

If Include was a field in your data then set analysis would limit this calculation to only rows where Include = 'Y'

keerthika
Creator II
Creator II

Yes, If include is a field the result record fetch only the 'Y' records in Include field.

otherwise refer this link https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/SystemVariable...

It will not generate a error even though it was not a field , it fails silently 

anushahegde
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes. But that's not the case here.

This expression gives me the country id of the selected country within the single quotes as the output - '184'

When I removed Include = Y, It gives some wrong value.

Wanted to know the significance of Include here.

anushahegde
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

I know about Include and must_include.

Any idea what is it doing in the set analysis I mentioned?

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

I see,. neved used include in a set analysis... maybe stalwar1‌ can take a look here ?

sunny_talwar

Does it make any difference if you exclude it? I am guessing it might not be doing anything?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There are two possibilities:

(1) Include is a field name and the expression will be filtered to value = Y

(2) Include is not a field name, and the set expression part of the expression will fail silently (ie will be ignored).

Its one of these two. There is nothing else.

PS - it has nothing whatsoever to do with the script keywords include/must-include

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein