Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Increase percentage in pivot tables

What I am trying to do is the following: I have a pivot table where as Rows I have a calculated categorical field based on 3 date intervals called Time Period (6 dates are specified through Variable Extension boxes to calculate Time Period), and another categorical variable called Ship Mode. As Columns I have Measures, and this Measures are specifically: Sales, and Profits. The look of my Pivot Table is the following:

1.png

What I would like to do is to create 2 columns called "Increase Sales" and "Increase Profits" where I could calculate percentage increases of sales and profits, but adapted automatically to the dates that the user enters via "Variable Extension" boxes. The logic of the percentage increases would be:

Before = [(Before-After) / After] x 100

During = [(During-Before) / Beforel] x 100

After = [(After-During) / During] x 100

To reproduce my example in the App I provide as attached file, the dates the user must enter via Variable Extension would be (picture below):

BeforeMin = 01.05.17

BeforeMax = 02.05.17

DuringMin = 03.05.17

DuringMax = 06.05.17

AfterMin = 07.05.17

AfterMax = 08.05.17

And the result of the desired pivot table look would be for the first column (Increase Sales):

6.png

I attach a Qlik file 100% reproducible for this question. Thanks in advance for any help Community. Anibal

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Added Profit also

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

What is Final in your expression? I only see Before, During, and After

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for your message.

"Final" was wrong. The correct is "After". I have already edited the question thanks to your feedback. Anibal

sunny_talwar

One more thing, I don't have the extension, but I added the dates from the variable overview... but for some reason Before isn't showing up... would you know why that might be the case, what might I be missing here?

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

After doing several tests, I believe that the only way of visualizing it correctly is with the add-on. Nevertheless for the purposes of the pivot table question, maybe just knowing how to do it assigning it through the Variable Editor will do the trick.

I attach the add-on that I have installed. It should be unzipped and located in: "C:\Users\user\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions" in Windows OS.

With Variable Extension you manually write the dates in the boxes, but it does not affect the values of the variables in the Variable Editor as shown here:

4.png

Thanks in advace, Anibal

sunny_talwar

So, the extension worked for me. Now, I see the issue that you might be running into, but before I proceed forward, it seems that either the calculation for During is not right, or the After is not right.

Is this right

Capture.PNG

or this?

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny, the answer would be: the first image that you posted.

The correct values for the dates that you introduced in your variable extension boxes would be the next ones:

6.png

P.D. I have realized another mistake. In my example I put month "05", but with data from month "03". Now the question matches your results perfectly. Thanks a lot in advance. Anibal

sunny_talwar

I have managed to get this far

If(RowNo(TOTAL) <= 4,

(Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_5)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_6)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)) - Sum(Sales))

/Sum(Sales),

If(RowNo(TOTAL) <= 8,

(Sum(Sales) - Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_1)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_2)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)))

/Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_1)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_2)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)),

If(RowNo(TOTAL) <= 12,

(Sum(Sales) - Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_3)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_4)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)))

/Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_3)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_4)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)))))

Capture.PNG

Will try to get the totals to work....

sunny_talwar

This seems to work

If(MaxString(Date) = Date#('$(vBDA_2)','DD.MM.YY'),

(Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_5)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_6)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)) - Sum(Sales))

/Sum(Sales),

If(MaxString(Date) = Date#('$(vBDA_4)','DD.MM.YY'),

(Sum(Sales) - Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_1)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_2)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)))

/Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_1)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_2)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)),

If(MaxString(Date) = Date#('$(vBDA_6)','DD.MM.YY'),

(Sum(Sales) - Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_3)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_4)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)))

/Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_3)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_4)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)))))

Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar

Added Profit also

Capture.PNG