Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

anibal_marsis
New Contributor II

Increase percentage in pivot tables

What I am trying to do is the following: I have a pivot table where as Rows I have a calculated categorical field based on 3 date intervals called Time Period (6 dates are specified through Variable Extension boxes to calculate Time Period), and another categorical variable called Ship Mode. As Columns I have Measures, and this Measures are specifically: Sales, and Profits. The look of my Pivot Table is the following:

1.png

What I would like to do is to create 2 columns called "Increase Sales" and "Increase Profits" where I could calculate percentage increases of sales and profits, but adapted automatically to the dates that the user enters via "Variable Extension" boxes. The logic of the percentage increases would be:

Before = [(Before-After) / After] x 100

During = [(During-Before) / Beforel] x 100

After = [(After-During) / During] x 100

To reproduce my example in the App I provide as attached file, the dates the user must enter via Variable Extension would be (picture below):

BeforeMin = 01.05.17

BeforeMax = 02.05.17

DuringMin = 03.05.17

DuringMax = 06.05.17

AfterMin = 07.05.17

AfterMax = 08.05.17

And the result of the desired pivot table look would be for the first column (Increase Sales):

6.png

I attach a Qlik file 100% reproducible for this question. Thanks in advance for any help Community. Anibal

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Increase percentage in pivot tables

Added Profit also

Capture.PNG

10 Replies

What is Final in your expression? I only see Before, During, and After

anibal_marsis
New Contributor II

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for your message.

"Final" was wrong. The correct is "After". I have already edited the question thanks to your feedback. Anibal

One more thing, I don't have the extension, but I added the dates from the variable overview... but for some reason Before isn't showing up... would you know why that might be the case, what might I be missing here?

Capture.PNG

anibal_marsis
New Contributor II

Hi Sunny,

After doing several tests, I believe that the only way of visualizing it correctly is with the add-on. Nevertheless for the purposes of the pivot table question, maybe just knowing how to do it assigning it through the Variable Editor will do the trick.

I attach the add-on that I have installed. It should be unzipped and located in: "C:\Users\user\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions" in Windows OS.

With Variable Extension you manually write the dates in the boxes, but it does not affect the values of the variables in the Variable Editor as shown here:

4.png

Thanks in advace, Anibal

So, the extension worked for me. Now, I see the issue that you might be running into, but before I proceed forward, it seems that either the calculation for During is not right, or the After is not right.

Is this right

Capture.PNG

or this?

Capture.PNG

anibal_marsis
New Contributor II

Hi Sunny, the answer would be: the first image that you posted.

The correct values for the dates that you introduced in your variable extension boxes would be the next ones:

6.png

P.D. I have realized another mistake. In my example I put month "05", but with data from month "03". Now the question matches your results perfectly. Thanks a lot in advance. Anibal

I have managed to get this far

If(RowNo(TOTAL) <= 4,

(Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_5)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_6)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)) - Sum(Sales))

/Sum(Sales),

If(RowNo(TOTAL) <= 8,

(Sum(Sales) - Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_1)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_2)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)))

/Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_1)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_2)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)),

If(RowNo(TOTAL) <= 12,

(Sum(Sales) - Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_3)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_4)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)))

/Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_3)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_4)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)))))

Capture.PNG

Will try to get the totals to work....

This seems to work

If(MaxString(Date) = Date#('$(vBDA_2)','DD.MM.YY'),

(Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_5)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_6)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)) - Sum(Sales))

/Sum(Sales),

If(MaxString(Date) = Date#('$(vBDA_4)','DD.MM.YY'),

(Sum(Sales) - Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_1)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_2)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)))

/Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_1)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_2)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)),

If(MaxString(Date) = Date#('$(vBDA_6)','DD.MM.YY'),

(Sum(Sales) - Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_3)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_4)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)))

/Sum(TOTAL <[Ship Mode]> Aggr(If(Date >= Date#('$(vBDA_3)','DD.MM.YY') and Date <= Date#('$(vBDA_4)','DD.MM.YY'), Sum(Sales)), [Ship Mode], Date)))))

Capture.PNG

Added Profit also

Capture.PNG

Community Browser