Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamjwchen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Installation Fail

Hi,

I am having problem to get QlikSense Desktop Feb. version installed. I attached my fail log, if anyone can take a look and giving me some hints, that will be thankful.

PS. I ran the installer with Admin rights already.

12 Replies
Gencho
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Adam,

I've checked that the installer of Qlik Desktop is just for X64, did you make sure that your S.O. is currently running at 64 bits? by the way, could be the antivirus that is making problems.... disable it for a while, just when you are running the installation.

2018-02-19 09_47_06-Software Download _ Qlik.com.png

I hope that this will be helpful for you

Regards!

adamjwchen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

García,

I am running Windows 7 Pro x64 edition no doubt. I also tried disabling the F-Secure antivirus software, the result is the same.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Take a look at the workaround mentioned here: Qlik Sense Desktop Installation Failed

Also, the log shows it is installing .NET 4.5.2. Make sure it is in your computer already

adamjwchen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Originally I thought it caused by the .net framework 4.7.1. so I uninstalled it and installed the 4.5.2 but sill fail.

Gencho
Creator II
Creator II

Check if there is any windows update, and reboot your computer

Solved: Error message 0x80070643 in installing MYOB 2015.4 - MYOB Community

Regards!

adamjwchen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

García,

I checked my Windows Update and no updates were left behind.

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Hello! Are you on your personal or company PC? You may try Custom Installation and change the Storage Location to C:\Qlik\  or something different than the default location.

vizmind.eu
adamjwchen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ivan,

I use home computer to install, I already tried to install in none default location. Still not work.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

There could be two problems which I can think of.

1. .Net framework not updated or corrupted.

2. Any anti virus blocking the install.

Check if any of this helps.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!